Please read the guidelines below for
participation on Create Culture, and abide by them. If you have any
questions about them, please contact us at
1. Post a profile picture. It's critical for you to have one in
order for people to visit your profile. Would you click on the
profile of someone who does not have a profile photo? Probably
2. Join the conversation. We want to hear your ideas. Yes, really.
3. Treat others as you want to be treated. Simple rule. But it
makes sense always.
4. Spread the word about Create Culture. Don't keep it secret. If
you think it rocks, tell
5. Be generous and give back - comment as much (or more!) on
others' content as your own!
6. Join groups, because you can develop deeper conversations and
7. Before starting a new group, check for existing ones where you
can join and start/contribute to a discussion.
8. Ask to be added as a friend, and add a note of interest to your
9. Check out the profile of those asking to be added as your
10. Read and add comments to blogs, discussions, and member
11. Have fun!
1. Try to sell your wares/company/product/etc.
2. Promote your event on the Blog - post it up on your page and
that will get the word out.
3. Spam people (i.e. posting the same message to multiple people or
4. Excessively criticize an idea/person. Constructive debate is
good. Name-calling is no good.
5. Be afraid. We are a friendly bunch. Ask questions. Connect. Be
6. Use it as a dating site.
7. Post inappropriate photos or links.
8. Feel like you must add every requestor as your friend.
9. Feel like you must respond to every comment.
10. Feel personally rejected if not everyone responds to your
Below are some additional principles that guide our approach to
- We encourage and support content that fits with the intentions of
- We reserve the right to remove content that does not follow the
- We reserve the right to move or de-emphasize content that does
not fit into a certain part of the site.
- We may revoke member privileges for Culturalistas that
continually ignore these community engagement guidelines.
Generally, we will use a three strike policy (first infraction
results in coaching, second in additional guidance and third time
will lead to a temporary or permanent ban from the site).
- We will remain open to feedback and tell Culturalistas when we
have adjusted content they have posted.
- We reserve the right to delete the profiles of Culturalistas that
have not been maintained.